During the initial easing out of lockdown, I will only take 2 students (from the same bubble) per course.
From September onward, I will have 3 students per course *if* this fits with government and scientific advice at the time. If the Coronavirus transmission rates goes up and Social Distancing is reintroduced, I will have to postpone the course or reduce the class size. In that case I will reschedule your booking, or refund your payment, as you wish.
Scientific advice on Safe Distancing, precautionary practices and cleaning routines will be adhered to throughout my workshops. Students are provided with, and required to wear, filtered facemasks and surgical gloves during group demonstrations.
I will show you how to turn your own personal ideas into a sculpture in stone.
3 days tuition and individually tailored guidance. Much progress is possible due to the small group size (maximum 3 students).
Book Now: Enquiry Form
- 17 – 19 July – fully booked
- 25 – 27 July – fully booked
- 5 – 7 September – fully booked
- 18 – 20 September – one place available
- 25 – 27 September – one place available
- 9 – 11 October – two places available
- 31 October – 2 November – two places available
Join my Email List to hear of new opportunities and offers
Classes are held in York at Lucy’s studio
Saturday / Sunday / Monday, 9.15am to 5pm .
Courses are held once a month throughout the year.
How much: (Includes tuition, all materials and lunches)
Minus £40 if deposit is paid during lock-down
One person: £440
Two people: £790 (£395 each)
Three people: £1110 (£370 each)
- Safe lifting & carving strategies
- Tool use & carving techniques
- How to work in 3-Dimensions
- What tools are needed & where to buy them
- How to sharpen your chisels
- How to set up your own workspace
- Where to source stone
- How you can develop your skills further
- Students can chose a sizeable block of limestone from a range of different densities and dimensions.
- High-quality professional hand-tools are provided, and all necessary sculpting & sketching materials
- Delicious lunches, tea, coffee and snacks are provided throughout the course.