Coronavirus Safety Measures – please view requirements and safety measures at the foot of this page
I will show you how to turn your own personal ideas into a sculpture in stone.
3 days tuition and individually tailored guidance. Much progress is possible due to the small group size (maximum 3 students).
Classes are held in York at Lucy’s studio
Saturday / Sunday / Monday, 9.15am to 5pm .
Courses are held once a month throughout the year.
How much: (Includes tuition, all materials and lunches)
Fee: £440 per person
When group sizes are no longer restricted to only 2 students per course, my usual discounts for 2 people (£395 each) or 3 people (£370 each) will resume.
Please fill in the Enquiry Form
- Safe lifting & carving strategies
- Tool use & carving techniques
- How to work in 3-Dimensions
- What tools are needed & where to buy them
- How to sharpen your chisels
- How to set up your own workspace
- Where to source stone
- How you can develop your skills further
- Students can chose a sizeable block of limestone from a range of different densities and dimensions.
- High-quality professional hand-tools are provided, and all necessary sculpting & sketching materials
- Delicious lunches, tea, coffee and snacks are provided throughout the course.
Coronavirus Safety Measures:
Students must declare their COVID-19 history when booking, and provide their post-code so that the region’s current Tier Level can be checked.
On arrival students will be asked to provide proof of immunisation (3 weeks or more previously), or a negative Coronavirus test (taken within 3 days).
Download full pdf of Safety Requirements & Measures
During any easing out of lockdown, I will only take 2 students from the same bubble per course. I will only resume having 3 students if this fits with government and (more importantly) scientific advice.
If Coronavirus transmission rates goes up, I will have to postpone the course or reduce the class size. In that case I will reschedule your booking, or refund your payment in full, as you wish.
Student safety remains of upmost importance to me: Scientific advice on Safe Distancing, precautionary practices and cleaning routines will be adhered to throughout my workshops. Bottles of hand sanitiser are given to each student on arrival, and students are provided with, and required to wear, filtered facemasks and surgical gloves during group demonstrations.